“Guilty“, a new Peruvian restaurant to indulge in delicious Latin American fusion food in a luxury setting surrounded by contemporary art and upbeat music atmosphere – a new place to hang out in the heart of Bangkok with the new level “Guilty”. The cuisine with a playful twist and added spice that Thai people are familiar with stands out with the finest ingredients and unique cooking styles. Guests can entertain themselves while learning a new gastronomic culture at the same time.
Chef Carlos Rodriguez, a Venezuelan chef with many years of experience in fine dining in Thailand, such as the two-Michelin-starred Gaggan and Meatlicious, created Guilty’s entire menu with a mission for everyone who comes to “love at first bite.” Chef Carlos brings his country’s vibrant food, combining modern Latin American, Peruvian and Nikkei culinary cultures and drinks to the tables. He certainly understands the taste and the cultures that mingle between the likes of Latin American and Asian, which is an essential part of his menu creation – it is indeed his masterpiece of art.
Recommended dishes include:
– Holy Guacamole: avocado, onion, coriander, tomato, seasoned with fresh lime juice and black pepper. This popular Mexican menu is freshly made with mortar by the table side and served with crispy Tortillas. This dish is a great appetizer.
– Jicama Mango Salad: a fruit salad with avocado, mango, confit tomato, calamansi citrus, topped with crispy baked yam. – This mouthwatering salad is so delicious and astonishingly refreshing.
– Cornbread with butter, tarragon, salt and spices. This dish served as a basis for fine dining with a unique identity. The bread is crumbly and sweet, which goes well with sour food and butter.
– Salmon Tiradito: a Peruvian dish consisting of thin slices of salmon sashimi, ponzu, avocado, radish, and crispy shallots, covered with tangy lemon Gel and Micro-cress. It is a must-try dish that you shouldn’t miss when you come to try it here.
– Toda La Vida Ceviche: hamachi ceviche, yellow tiger milk, crispy corn and coriander. This most popular Peruvian dish is so exquisite. It will enliven your palate and appetite.
– Croquetas de Cangrejo: crab meat croquette, tarragon mayonnaise and chives. A unique Nikkei dish brought to South America by the Japanese is a great delicacy.
– Busyu Wagyu Striploin Grade A5 from Saitama Prefecture, Tokyo. Wagyu Beef is known for its deliciousness and high-quality meat. The melt-in-your-mouth beef is beautifully cooked and served on a hot Himalayan salt stone which adds good saltiness and a unique taste.
– Arroz Cartagenero Y Lubina Chilena: roast Chilean sea bass served with Peruvian seafood rice cooked with lobsters, added saltiness with rockfish sauce. It is a highly recommended dish for seafood lovers.
Guilty’s dessert selection is delicious and playful, just the way it should be. You will feel guilty not trying. Highlight desserts are;
– Mango Latino: a Mexican-style mango cheesecake with tapioca, fresh mango and pear sorbet. This sweet and sour dessert is lovelily mixed and is not heavy on the stomach.
– Churros de Naranja: orange-lime flavored churros in served with chocolate dip and dulce de leche sauce. It is tasty fun and festive!
There are also signature Latin American cocktails and a good selection of wine, including a rare find 2018 Chilian Sutil Carmenere “Grand Reserve”, 2016 Sand Point Cabernet Sauvignon, and Rosé Demi-Sec, Esprit de Guinguette. In addition, surprise party shots will be served throughout the meal – you better have your camera ready at all times!
Overall, “Guilty” is undoubtedly one of the best new restaurants in Bangkok. We had an impressive visit and didn’t feel so guilty after all. Whenever you want to indulge in guilty pleasures, we recommend giving “Guilty” a try, and you can thank us later.
Opening hours: Tuesdays – Saturdays (Sundays from 7th August 2022 onwards), 12.00 noon – 2.30 pm I 6.00 pm-midnight.